The purpose of this privacy notice is to describe the processing of personal data in connection with the organisation of the event held by Siegler Bird & Bird Law Firm and Bird & Bird (International) LLP as joint controllers – hereinafter together referred to as “Bird & Bird” – held on 5 October 2023 (hereinafter referred to as: “Event“) concerning the registration of participants in the Event, and the taking and use of photographs and video recordings related to the Event.
Names and details of the joint controllers
Siegler Bird & Bird Law Office
- Seat: Széchenyi tér 7-8, Budapest, H-1051, Hungary
- Tax number: 18113901-2-41
- Bar registration number: 1543 (Budapest Bar Association)
Bird & Bird (International) LLP
- Seat: 12 New Fetter Lane, EC4A 1JP London, United Kingdom
- Address in Hungary: 1051 Budapest, Széchenyi tér 7-8, , Budapest, H-1051, Hungary
- Hungarian tax number: 13861362-2-44
We protect your personal data
We will exercise the utmost care when inviting and registering you as well as recording your attendance at the Event. The following European and Hungarian legal acts apply to the processing of your personal data:
- Regulation (EU) 2016/679 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation, hereinafter “GDPR“), applicable from 25 May 2018;
- Act CXII of 2011 on the Right of Informational Self-Determination and on Freedom of Information (“Freedom of Information Act“) – where applicable with regard to the GDPR.
Description of data processing by purpose
Sending invitation, registration, attendance recording, contacting invitees
- Purpose of the processing: sending invitation, processing registration, recording attendance.
- Legal basis for processing: the legitimate interest of Bird & Bird.
- Scope of personal data processed: name, workplace, e-mail address.
- Duration of processing: until your objection (unsubscribe).
- Data transfer (recipients): your personal data will be accessed by our appointed event organiser as data processor.
- You have the right to object to the processing for this purpose.
Taking photographs and shooting videos of the attendees during the Event and using them for any articles that may be produced about the Event
- Purpose of the processing: documenting the Event; the recordings may be published on public websites or in publications.
- Legal basis for processing: your consent.
- Scope of personal data processed: your photo or video about you.
- Duration of processing: the recordings will be processed until consent is withdrawn.
- Data transfer (recipients): we may disclose the recordings after the Event (e.g. we may publish them on the Internet).
- Our partners in the production and post-production of the footage: we use a subcontracted photographer and/or videographer for the shootings. If you would like more information about them, please let us know.
We use the following data processor in connection with the processing of data for the purposes specified above:
XTRM Group Kft.
- Data processor’s task: organising and running the event
- Seat: Pauler utca 18, Budapest, H-1013
- Tax number: 13077316-2-41
- Company registration number: 01-09-984269
- Website: www.xtrm.hu
The Processor will use the following sub-processor to carry out the IT tasks related to the organisation of the event:
WP Online Hungary Kft.
- The sub-processor’s tasks: sending out invitations by email, managing registrations, running the app
- Seat: 1094 Budapest, Balázs Béla utca 15-21. House of D. 2. em. 4.
- Tax number: 13077316-2-41
- Company registration number: 23480403-2-43
- Website: wpo.hu
Under Articles 15-20 of the GDPR, you have the following rights in relation to the data we process:
- right to information;
- right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restriction of processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object;
- the right to withdraw consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights listed in the previous paragraph, you can send your request to the contact details below and ask for further information. If you do not agree with our response or action, you can lodge a complaint with the National Authority for Data Protection and Freedom of Information (in Hungarian: NAIH; address: 1055 Budapest, Falk Miksa utca 9-11; postal address: 1363 Budapest, Pf.: 9., phone +36-1-391-1400; e-mail: email@example.com; web: www.naih.hu) or in court. You may choose to bring the action before the competent court of the seat of the Joint Data Controllers (Metropolitan Court) or the competent court of your place of residence or domicile.
If you require further information or wish to exercise any of the rights listed above, please contact us using one of the contact details below:
- Address: Széchenyi tér 7-8, Budapest, H-1051, Hungary
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +36 301 8900